The three best paver sealers are silicate sealers, silane-siloxane sealers, and acrylic sealers. The best paver sealer for sealing your pavers will depend on what you want the pavers to look like once sealed, and your reason for sealing the pavers.
|Silicate Concrete Sealers||Water Repellent Concrete Sealers||Acrylic Concrete Sealers|
|Won’t change the look of the concrete||Won’t change the look of the concrete||Enhances with a wet look or gloss|
|Works entirely below the surface||Works entirely below the surface||Leaves a visible surface film|
|Lasts forever||Lasts 7-10 years||Lasts 1-5 years|
|Increase strength of concrete||Repels surface water||Protects surface against staining|
|Reduces dusting and spalling||Reduces staining and deterioration||Stops dusting, staining, deterioration|
Silicate Sealers: If you are experiencing issues with dusting and deterioration caused by surface abrasion then a silicate sealer will help to increase the strength and density of the pavers without changing the look or color.
- Armor S2000 Concrete Sealer Review (concentrated)
- Stone Technolgies X-1 Concrete Sealer Review (pre-diluted)
- Ashford Formula Concrete Sealer Review (pre-diluted)
Silicate sealers aren’t as popular as Silane-Siloxane sealers because they don’t protect the pavers against deterioration caused by water absorption. They can also leave behind a permanent crystal-like barrier on the surface if over applied. If a silicate sealer is used to seal pavers, thin light coats should be applied and the pavers should also be sealed a week later with a silane-siloxane water repellent sealer.
Silane-Siloxane Sealers: If you are experiencing issues with staining and deterioration caused by water aborption, mold, mildew, or efflorescence then you silane-siloxane water repellent will help to reduce the absorption of water on the surface, therefore reducing deterioration caused by water absorption.
- Armor SX5000 Concrete Sealer Review (average 4.8 star review)
- Siloxane PD Concrete Sealer Review (average 4.5 star review)
- DryWay Water Repellent Concrete Sealer Review (average 3.8 star review)
Silane-Siloxane water repellent sealers are the most popular type of penetrating sealer to use on pavers. They chemically react below the surface to form a hydrophobic barrier that won’t change the look or color of the pavers.
Acrylic Sealers: If you have dull and faded pavers, or are simply looking for a low to high gloss, then an acrylic sealer will both enhance and protect the surface of the pavers. Acrylic sealers leave behind a visible surface film and will help to achieve a wet look, low gloss, or high gloss finish.
- Eagle High Gloss Sealer (average 4.6 star review)
- Armor AR350 Wet Look Sealer (average 4.8 star review)
- Armor AR500 High Gloss Sealer (average 4.9 star review)
- Enduraseal SB Acrylic Sealer (average 4.5 star review)